2012-02-22

Toronto Triathon Club Swimming

Warm-up: 400m swim

10x 100m fins, on ... maybe 2:15? w/ getting out each time
I was dying on the first few, but keeping up with the two guys ahead. Then I seemed to have found my groove and could breathe a lot better. I started catching up to the guys. I don't know if I sped up or they slowed down; I wasn't watching the clock.

100m  fins easy
Practised my wide strokes - feeling better and better.

10x 50m fins, on 1:00 w/ getting out each time
I led this set, and there was so little time for rest! Started out at 0:40, but quickly dropped to ~0:45 to 0:50. I felt like I was barely scrambling out of the pool and diving back in. Just trying to tell myself to use the power of those fins by kicking, as I kept slacking off. The last one I brought back down to a solid 0:45.

150m fins easy

Treading water w/ arms above the head: 30secs / 15secs / 30secs

Wall Squat: maybe 2mins
The challenge was for us to focus hard on something else and get tough.

Cool-down: 150m easy

Had a blast during this class. I felt better as the night went on, and I could breathe easier and use the wider strokes more smoothly. I had nice lanemates too.  Yay!

--Distance: 2,300m
--Duration: 75 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment