2012-02-01

Toronto Triathlon Club Swimming

The 1,500m time trial has come around again!  Last time was the middle of December, when I was actually swimming twice a week.  Previous best: 33:25.

Warm-up: only 150m for me

1,500m - 33:57 (might have to subtract 2mins from that, as I think I lost count in the teens and might have had us do an extra two lengths!)

I was asked to lead my lane, which was cool.  Me and one other guy basically swam together the whole way, while our third lanemate trailed a bit.  I got myself all exhausted trying to stay in a comfortable lead, and I always thought that my buddy was right behind me.  I finally let him switch and lead around 28 lengths.  What a difference drafting makes!  I instantly had a nice easy swim after that.  Then it was his turn to switch back around 44, and I brought us home to 60 (or 62, since all our times were off!) We told ourselves that if we suck right now, at least we'll look faster in April!

Drills:
100m sculling w/ three hand positions
2x 100m finger drag
2x 100m counting strokes (23/21/23/21 and 23/22/22/21) - apparently I have really short strokes and need to extend much more!

--Distance: 2,150m
--Duration: 75mins

No comments:

Post a Comment