2012-06-17

Pool Swimming

An impromptu swim session at the Caledon Wellness Centre, as my cousin decided to go, and I wanted to keep him company. The Caledon pool is expensive and kind of crappy: one narrow lane, with kids constantly crossing it from one kiddie pool to the other. (There is no lane swim offered and no other lane ropes at other times.) The water is also very hot, as it's really designed as a fun pool rather than a training pool.

I decided to finally test how El Satellite Dish works in a pool, and finally figured out how to set it up and how to pause it. Did some warm-up 50s, and then a bunch of 100s. I felt very tired. I tried to extend my stroke in order to have further entries, but not sure it was working. Did use the open fingers method of catching and pulling though.

My first few 100s were about 2:05-2:07. When I really started swimming faster, I could only get down to 2:02. Last one was 2:01. At this point, I was so overheated, I decided to quit.

--Distance: 1,100m
--Duration: 25mins + lots of breaks, maybe 35mins total

I then noticed that the Garmin (a multisport watch meant to be swum with!) had water in it under the watch face!! It was working fine though, so I thought it was no big deal. My cousin wanted to continue a bit longer, so I waited outside and did some light jogging to practise my gait, and some ABCs and the like. The Garmin suddenly shut off. When I got home, I was able to turn it "on" a couple of times, but the display was fucked. Now it is dead, along with my workouts for the week, and I can hardly remember what I did because I had surrendered my memory to the stupid watch. This is why I am a Luddite. :(

Hope it won't be a battle to the death over the warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment