2012-06-12

Biking the Hospital + Victory Hills

It turns out that my hills workout from last week was partly done on the wrong hill - should have been on the one that SOF used to call Victory Hill, heading up to the upper flats. This week I was to get it right, haha. Was supposed to be 6x each hill.

I did a warm-up ride through the park, dodging tons of cars and speed bumps.
Took on the long hill first, and I think I managed ~1:47 or so. Then went up Victory, and got up out of my seat half-way, as instructed. I started to feel crampy, and was very quickly in tons of pain. Managed to struggle up Hospital Hill once more, and the difficulty of the hill kind of numbed the pain a bit, but once I started coming back down, it was unbearable. All I wanted to do was ditch the bike somewhere and curl up and die. I partly did that at the bottom for a few minutes. Then I picked myself up and rolled slowly back across the park to the car in search of pain killers. It's too bad; I really wanted to kill these hills.

Since the Garmin is now dead, I'm not sure exactly what the three splits were like, but they seemed faster than the week before.

--Distance: 6.4km
--Duration: 30-40mins

No comments:

Post a Comment