2012-06-05

Biking the Hospital Hills

Bum is achy today, so no running for me. My assigned workout instead was hill repeats in Sunnybrook Park. Bonus was that I'd get to see my XSNRG friends, as they were doing the same repeats on foot.

Warm-up: easy spin through the park, then chatting forever with friends, and waiting for the cars to go up the long hill so I wouldn't get run over.

5x long gradual hill, 5x short steep hill, alternating with recovery down and across.
Distances: ~600m and ~300m + ~950m in between
Elevations: I don't trust the Garmin readout. Inconsistent/faulty.

Uphill splits:
1:57 - 1:15
1:46 - 1:12
1:52 - 1:12
1:46 - 1:17
1:47 - 1:17

The recovery rides in between were ~3:15 on average.

I hit my max speed on the second steep uphill (30.1kph) and all the highest speeds were set on the uphills, not the recoveries. Who knew? Probably because of the short running starts I'd get. Very short, though.

I sometimes couldn't hit the lap button in time as I passed my landmarks going into the hills, so some of the laps may be showing short, but overall they were very consistent. This is surprising because I was already leg-tired after the first 2 sets, and after 4, I didn't think I'd finish the 5. But pulled it off somehow.

Cool-down: a breezy aero ride through the park, ~4km.

--Distance: 18.2km
--Duration: 1:07 (excluding 19mins of sitting around after the warm-up)

No comments:

Post a Comment