2012-03-05

Chiropractic Treatment

My legs and butt definitely need some recovery after the 25K of hard terrain/trail running yesterday. Since my right knee had acted up during the run, my intern focused on my right IT band.

The usual adjustments to my dysfunctional foot joints and ankle joints, plus a lot of deep massage on my feet again, which was really painful. Then she used a Thumper on my calf muscles and on my right IT band, and I was nearly in tears.

Finally, I foam rolled my calf muscles and the IT bands. The parts that had been vibrated or massaged were in much better shape. My left IT band was horrendously painful, and I couldn't put my full body weight on it.

Prescription for next weekend: foam roll after the long run, hydrate with electrolytes during the run, goddamnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment