2012-10-17

Sports Medicine

Went in for my follow-up appointment with Dr. Chen at Athlete's Care. He said my pelvis is realigned and that I can stop using the brace except for workouts. I'm kind of worried about giving it up.

He said I should try some ART or acupuncture on my butt to break up the tense, inflamed tissues. But a few hours after he had poked around, I developed the usual ache in my hamstring and sit bone, so now I'm reluctant to go in for more poking. It definitely aggravated my symptoms back in the spring. I forgot to mention that to him.

So really don't know what to do. He wants me to start some light training again and come back in a month. He might run another ultrasound, as he doesn't trust most clinics out there, ha. Anyway, I'm so confused about this whole thing and what to do over the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment