2012-10-31

Spinning

I got invited to a Halloween costume spinning class at CYKL, where I'd done one class for free leading up to the Ride for Heart. Since I'd dressed up as Lance Armstrong on Saturday, how could I say no to this opportunity? I just asked permission to wear my controversial costume, but it was very well received by the studio owner!

Le Tour de Science
So here I was in my Le Tour de Science Livestrong t-shirt, syringe stuck in my heart, helmet and shoes, I climbed onto the bike I'd reserved and couldn't get my cleats to lock in! When was the last time Lance couldn't clip into his pedals? When he was three? On his first tricycle? hahaha They had to get me onto another bike with some house shoes. How embarrassing.

I missed a bunch of the warm-up and first set because of this, so then I spent a while trying to catch up. Thankfully they put me up in the front so I could mimic what the instructor was doing. I don't know their lingo yet.

I know we did some climbs, in and out of the saddle, and with turns. I know we did a few tabata sets of sprints. There were some rollers in between. But all in all, I was just trying to mirror the instructor, down to seeing how many times she'd turned the crank on her tension thingy. This whole spinning thing is harder than real biking!

I had a really hard time breathing, and my legs were on fire. No biking fitness whatsoever. I'm kind of hoping I'll win one of the 5-pack class prizes for best costume. Although as my roommate pointed out, if they award me the prize, they should then take it away.

--Duration: 45mins

No comments:

Post a Comment