2012-04-29

Triathlon Bike Ride

Route Link
Beautiful sunny day today, so two of my friends and I (of the Marathon Ride fame) got out to Triathlon Central at Lake Wilcox for a nice rolling ride up Warden Avenue.

The last time I was here in March, I had a terrible time with the small hills that roll over the length of this road. But this time I felt much more confident with the appropriate shifting, and I guess my legs have gotten stronger too. Even the big hills were no match for me. I was slow, but I wasn't desparate.

One of our friends is still getting used to her bike, so she was in a similar position as I'd been before; tough to figure out how to climb the hills best. We were supposed to make a big square for 80km, but we decided to short-course.

I still went twice as far up Warden as I'd ever done before - crossing Davis Drive was like stepping off the edge of the world, haha. There are some sweet climbs north of there, and some nice smooth asphalt. I need that, as I'm still jittery about going over rough road in aero.

One final achievement: I started clipping into my pedals without looking! It's not that hard!

--Distance: 54km
--Duration: 2:39 with a bunch of stops

No comments:

Post a Comment