2013-02-03

X-Country Skiing

Went back to Hardwood Hills for final training before the big race. I'd heard about the uphill start at Mansfield, so I wanted to get my hillwork in check. I took another lesson with Instructor Martina, and she showed me some neat tricks, but it turns out that my hill climbing is really quite good.

I wanted to speed-run the Sochi loop and then do some harder stuff afterwards, but I think I dawdled a bit much in between to do both. I did manage to get up to pretty good speeds on Sochi, though. Usually around 6:00/km. I felt pretty smooth, although I was still noticing that I was looking down a lot and not paying attention to my surroundings, which is what killed me last year. The conditions were a bit icy and the track was shredded to shit. Nevertheless, I finished in 1:17 flat.

I decided to do a Nagano-Lillehammer combo, but in the end had to cut short on the yellow course and didn't get a chance to climb the crazy hill in the southwest corner.

Well guess what? There's no snow at Mansfield again, and the Stars have moved the WAR back to Wasaga. Flat as a board!

--Distance: 18km
--Duration: 2hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment