2012-05-28

Toronto Triathlon Club Swimming

Warm-up: 100m swim / 100m kick / 100m pull / 100m drills (shoulder touch, catch-up, finger drag)

1,000m snorkel and fins
I forgot how to breathe with the snorkel, and it took me a few hundred meters to realize that I was breathing really hard on every stroke! This was causing water to get sucked into it constantly, and I'd stop after every length, choking. Then I calmed down and started breathing every 2-3 strokes, and it was much easier to concentrate on rolling and pulling.

I'm starting to believe that many things in new sports get easier if you just chill the fuck out.

10 x 100m on 2:10
Okay, this was an impossible pace that our Coach gave our lane. I led the group, and thrashed my way through the first 100 in 1:53. The 2nd 100 was 2:00. It looked grim. I thought I should keep doing my best based on the crazy pace I gave myself last week for a number of hundreds of meters, but I didn't think I'd get very far.

I think I started hallucinating on the 3rd 100. But it was also 2:00. So then I thought maybe I can keep this up for 500m, just like the distance of my race. But I just kept hitting 2:00-2:02, with no signs of slowing down. So I kept going, one more 100, one more 100. Kept the pace the whole time; felt like I would cough up a lung. But I still managed decent strokes, which had often been difficult under duress in the past. I did the last 100 in 1:55, holy crap. Very, very pleased.

Cool-down: 150m easy

--Distance: 2,550m
--Duration: 65mins

No comments:

Post a Comment