2012-05-23

Toronto Triathlon Club Swimming

Final swim before the first triathlon of the season, so I donned my trisuit and spent 15-20mins squeezing into my wetsuit. First impressions from the warm-up were that although I was certainly buoyant and could sight easily, my arms just weren't moving smoothly and I had trouble rolling. I also found it very tight on the chest. By the time I wriggled out of the wetsuit, the foam was super-hot. Obviously it's too hot for a wetsuit in the pool, but this was ridiculous. I hope I'm more comfortable on Saturday in a chilly lake - and since the wetsuits will probably be optional, I might see what the water temperature is like before I commit.

Warm-up: about 500m

3x 400m, getting faster each time, 30secs rest
2:15 / 2:10 / 2:05
I could hold these pace times, but it was very tough. A very ambitious pace!

3x 300m, same deal
2:10 / 2:05 / 2:00
That last set on 2min pace was murder, but I actually swam with the folks in the next lane at this pace, so I felt pretty awesome! Nearly died though.

2x 200m
2:05 / 2:00 .. no time for the 3rd set
This seemed so much shorter, haha. Not as difficult to hold the 2mins.

Observations:
- need to apply Body Glide to wrists, ankles, knees and elbows
- need to do a 500m warm-up swim, that I have mapped out, if I get the chance before the race

--Distance: 3,000m
--Duration: 75mins

Wow, that is easily the farthest I've gone in a class - and our Coach wasn't even there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment