2012-11-07

Pool Swimming

4x 100m, getting faster, 30secs rest
easy / 2:05 / 2:03 / 1:59

150m zipper / catch-up
4x 50m kick
4x 50m pull

Time Trial: 750m, mass start, passing open-water style
15:30 (2:04)
This was awesome. We were expected to mass start, then get into lanes at the far end. We could draft, pass, kick, whatever we wanted. Our lane took that in stride. I drafted behind CL for a bit, but he had declared that he'd pace himself, and once M started aggressively passing me, I passed CL too, so that I was drafting behind M for a while. She got away pretty quick, so I had to do my own hard work. But I felt great with all the adrenaline of racing each other. Didn't feel out of breath at all. I eventually lapped the boys, putting on a harder sprint. There were a few collisions - once I nearly lost a goggle, then I actually got punched in the chest when passing CL at the wall. Awesome! This is why I love open water racing. And I posted a decent time too. Not great, but a 2:04 pace is what I usually hold for single 100s.

4x 25m hypoxic / 25m sprint
I definitely started gliding better in the last quarters of the hypoxic lengths. And the subsequent 100s were much smoother from the muscle memory.

2x 100m

--Distance: 2,000m
--Duration: 65mins

No comments:

Post a Comment