2012-01-17

XSNRG Running Club

Hanna Ps - 8x letter P w/ 90secs rest intervals
Each letter P = 785m
 
Terrain: asphalt with one mild hill on the way out, then the downhill on the loop of the P
Weather: mild, a bit damp, extremely windy!

I was late coming from work, so I arrived as the group was on their last loop.  I ran the first two as a warm-up, and despite this precaution, still developed my running cramps.  So I took a ~10min break until they passed so that I could run really hard.

Route Link
The wind was blowing against me on the uphill for extra fun, while on the downhill, it was so strong at my back at times, that I felt like I couldn't pedal my feet fast enough to keep up!

I tried to incorporate the posture pointers I got at the run clinic, which was to push my hips forward and my shoulders back (to keep a straight line through the body).  It was quite challenging to run at speed in this position.

I also did the ABC drills in between sets, but the Bs were just brutal.

The six Ps at speed:
3:36 / 3:35 / 3:28 / 3:30 / 3:34 / 3:23

--Distance: 6.3K
--Duration: 45mins w/ break

My running cramps are becoming more frequent and are being set off my milder and milder workouts.  I'm getting this investigated with an ultrasound, and possibly a laparoscopy if there's evidence I could have endometriosis (I meet many of the symptoms.)  It's scary, but if this would help, I'd gladly take the time to get it done.  These cramps are too debilitating.

No comments:

Post a Comment