2012-01-25

Toronto Triathlon Club Swimming

Feeling a cold coming on, so by the time the meds kicked in, I had missed the warm-up - but glad to make it after all.

This was my first class in Lane 4 after being allowed to leave Lane 5, which is too fast for me.

4x 100m on 2:45
1min rest after set
4x 100m on 2:40
1min rest after set
4x 100m on 2:35
few minutes' rest on deck between each 100
4x 100m on 2:30
few minutes' rest on deck between each 100

The first two sets were quite slow and easy, as I was the last one in the group.  We did something like 2:25 to 2:20, but the last few 100s were difficult for the leader.

When Coach pulled us out on deck, she started giving us our individual finishing times.  I led the last two sets, and managed 2:00-2:05 pretty consistently.  I actually held back a bit because I thought we had a fifth set to do, oops!

This is definitely a better lane for me, but I have to be sure I'm not taking it easy.  I should be confident in being able to lead, although it's hard for me to pace properly.  I was definitely way too fast on my first 100 as the leader.

Cool-down: 200m easy

--Distance: 1,800m
--Duration: 55mins

Workout nutrition: forgot to mix my BCAAs, so nothing; but the extremely sugary cold/fever drink I had before leaving work must have given me a boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment