2013-04-27

Road Cycling

After the clinic, I felt I needed a bit more time on the bike, so instead of heading back down the highway, drove to Wilcox to do a short loop around the block. I was reminded of how much I hate Bloomington, with its jackhammer grooves across the road. Thudunk, thudunk, thudunk, thudunk... ugh. It was also kind of torn up because I guess they will resurface it soon.

Didn't have the energy or the sustenance to go up Warden, so turned down Woodbine back to Stouffville Road, neither of which I'd ever ridden on. It was smooth and nice. Even though I had driven on this stretch of Stouffville a bunch of times, including not 30mins earlier, I had never realized how hilly it is until I had to conquer it on the bike. Tough stuff for an out-of-shape rider. I went into my bars a few times, but overall was too jittery with the traffic.

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5907459

--Distance: 16.8km
--Duration: ~45mins

No comments:

Post a Comment