2012-07-10

Running Intervals

My first running workout in a number of months. I had a prescription from my chiro, haha. I was to do a short intervals set and go to the clinic the next day just in case I'd ruined my hip.

I was very disappointed to see from the official race photos from Sunday's sprint that without training, my legs have reverted to their old wayward ways - knees buckling inward and a pronounced heel strike. So my warm-up run involved a lot of stride correction, which felt really weird after all these months.

After I'd run to the waterfront trail, I did my usual dynamic warm-up and set my interval timer to 10x 1min on/off, not really sure how many I'd get through. Sprinting on the toes wasn't as hard as jogging, but going through the whole stride motion was awkward. I imagine I just need more practise again.

I managed 4x 1min for <300m each. On the last run, my throat was giving me problems from the hard breathing, and since I'm just starting to get over my cold, I didn't want to push it. Jogged back home with a number of short accelerations throughout, which felt great. A steady bounding stride seems most comfortable to maintain.

--Distance: 3.8km
--Duration: 30mins

Garmin Update: Replacement El Satellite Dish is in the mail and may get to me by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment