2012-07-11

Open Water Swim

The OWS with my club are way too early at 6:30 for me to be able to rush down from work 40km away in parking-lot traffic. But I tried this time, as our temporary coach Kyle was going to do a clinic, and because I needed some wetsuit time ahead of my Olympic tri this weekend. I got there with 15mins left, sigh.

Kyle reiterated that we should glide over our shoulder and avoid too much high turnover on the strokes. I did a short lap with the group before it was all over, but decided to stay and do one more full buoy-to-buoy and back. The suit wasn't as restrictive as the last time I tried it, but I still seemed out of breath. But when I managed to hold the forward-quadrant stroke, I really felt much faster.

Clocked the wetsuit removal again, this time with ML's advice to sit down while pulling the legs off. Down to 1:05, not too shabby. Might employ the cooking spray at the race.

--Distance: ~750m
--Duration: dunno

Garmin Update: El Satellite Dish was at my door earlier today, but the shippers did not indicate on the customs paperwork that this was a warranty exchange, so I'm being dutied and taxed for over $60. Nuh-uh. Calling Garmin to resend the paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment